Getting Baptized At St. Monica's
Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua), and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word.
If you are interested in scheduling a baptism at St Monica's, please read the following
- Baptisms are held on Saturdays between the 9:30 AM mass and 5:30 PM mass, or on Sundays after the 12:00 Noon mass.
- Baptisms are scheduled at the availability of the Father performing the ceremony.
- A copy of the baby's birth certificate must be provided.
- Only one godparent is needed. Two are allowed, but at least one of the godparents must be of the Roman Catholic faith and are required to provide a "certificate / letter of eligibility" (also called a "sponsor letter") from their parish to ensure that they are members in good standing of a Roman Catholic Church, as well as proof that they have been baptized.
- Before the baptism, an in-person meeting with the Father performing the ceremony is required.
- If possible, please call several weeks prior to your desired ceremony date in order to schedule the baptism.
- If you would like a particular Father to perform the ceremony, or would like to have a visitng priest perform it, please have his name ready so that your request can be passed on properly.
If you are ready to schedule a baptism, please
the Church Office at
to speak with one of the Father's. They will be able to schedule the date and time of your baptism.