Meditations on the Suffering and Death of Jesus
Jesus, I wish to take this walk to Calvary with you. I know that you suffered for love of me. Help me always to love you .
At each station, contemplate the scene and pray a brief, heartfelt prayer.
1. Jesus is condemned to death on the cross.
2. Jesus accepts his cross.
3. Jesus falls the first time.
4. Jesus meets his sorrowful Mother.
5. Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus carry his cross.
6. Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
7. Jesus falls the second time.
8. Jesus meets and speaks to the women of Jerusalem.
9. Jesus falls the third time.
10. Jesus is stripped of his garments.
11. Jesus is nailed to the cross.
12. Jesus dies on the cross.
13. Jesus is taken down from the cross.
14. Jesus is placed in the tomb.
Closing Prayer (recalling the Resurrection).